No, Timberwolf Suites is not a dorm. Timberwolf Suites is privately managed and offers the benefits of being on campus but not living in a cramped dorm. There are residence life activities each month that vary from food related events to campus-oriented events. While you will have the support of community advisors on your floor, you will have the same freedom and enjoyment of a conventional apartment home.
Timberwolf Suites Apartment Community is conveniently located adjacent to the NTC campus at 1636 N. 3rd Avenue, Wausau, WI 54401.
Apartments come fully furnished and include all major appliances. The utilities included are internet, water, trash service, heat and air conditioning.
Yes, Timberwolf Suites Apartment Community has our own dedicated parking area that is for residents only.
An individual lease is a “per bed” lease. You sign a lease for a bed in the apartment and share common areas with roommates. This allows you to live with roommates without having to worry whether they’re going to pay rent on time!
We are more than happy to accommodate you if you have roommates you would prefer to live with. Don’t have roommates? No problem! We provide roommate matching services!
All residents are asked to fill out a roommate matching form when they apply for residency. Some of the categories by which we match people include year in school, housekeeping habits, study habits and interests. We ask all residents to fill out this form as honestly as possible so that we can match you to the best of our abilities.
Timberwolf Suites has laundry facilities on every floor for your convenience.
Yes, Timberwolf Suites has a fully-qualified maintenance staff available for work orders and 24-hour emergency maintenance as well.
Yes, we require that you are attending a local college in order to be a resident at Timberwolf Suites.
Here are suggestions for what you should plan to bring upon moving in:
- Bedside lamp
- Alarm clock/clock radio
- Mini trash can
- Storage bins
- Under-the-bed storage trays
- Desk lamp
- Bulletin board and pushpins
- Dry-erase wall calendar/board
- Mini toolkit (including screwdriver, hammer, wrench)
- Picture hangers
- Linens/Laundry Supplies
- Sheets and pillowcases (2 sets. Our bed sizes are twin XL.)
- Towels (3 each of bath, hand and face)
- Pillows (2)
- Mattress pad (twin XL)
- Blankets (2)
- Clothes hangers
- Laundry bag/basket
- Laundry detergent, fabric softener and stain remover
- Laptop (printer is optional; there are computer labs where you can print)
- Surge protector
- Extension cords
- Shared Items — Check with roommate(s)
- Area rug
- Aspirin or other pain relievers
- Adhesive bandages, antibiotic ointment
- Cough drops
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Hairstyling products
- Bath and face soap
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Nail clippers
- Hair dryer/straightener/curling iron
- Razor and shaving cream
- Lotion and/or facial moisturizer
- Cotton swabs
- Slippers and/or flip-flops
- Light/heavy jackets
- 1 pair of snow boots
- 2 pairs of sneakers or comfortable/walking shoes
- 1 set of business-casual clothes
- 1 pair of dress shoes
Household and Kitchen Items
- Paper towels
- Trash bags
- All-purpose cleaner
- Plastic storage bags
- Food-storage containers
- Dish soap
- Bowls, plates and cups
- Coffee mug
- Water bottle
- Can/bottle opener
- Sports equipment